Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So... I fell on the stairs...

So, on a friday night, a week and a half ago, I fell on the stairs. I didn't fall down the stairs because I didn't go all the way down to the bottom, I just fell ON the stairs. It was in the middle of the night, and Elora had wet herself. So I was holding her and taking her back down the stairs to her bed at 2:00 in the morning. My foot slipped and I landed right on my tailbone on a step, and I must've hit my upper back, neck, and/or head too. Travis came to help me up, Elora was fine because my body took all the shock for her. But when Travis came to help me up, I passed out. All I remember next was Travis calling my name. So when I came too, he helped me back to bed, so he could take care of Elora. The next morning when I woke up, I felt horrible. I could hardly get out of bed. There were bruises on both my elbows, my whole upper back/neck was stiff and I could hardly turn my head. When I tried to sit down for breakfast, it was painful to sit on my tailbone. That day I had to sit during a funeral, and sit during church the next day. One of our friends said I needed a donut to sit on. That would've been nice. For the next couple of days, I was in pain, and uncomfortable in any position. Luckily, we found out that Jared, Travis' massage therapist brother, happened to be coming up the next weekend, so we made an appointment! He came this past saturday, and although I was already feeling much better, he got a lot of the kinks out. So I'm ok! And no, Mom, I didn't have a concussion, all is well! But hey, because of the little incident, we sprung for a nice computer chair, so I could be more comfortable at the computer. All we had before was a hard folding chair-very uncomfortable!

7 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

Yea for Jared! My mom actually goes to see him for her fibromyalgia, and she says he does wonders. Ask him if he'll be in Memphis anytime soon. I'd love for him to fix my back, too!

Cynthia said...

I'll ask, but I doubt it! But it's funny because whenever I hear about/from someone who goes to Jared, it's just like the Jared (jewelry) commercials. "He went to Jared!" "He went to Jared..." "I went to Jared!" He's very good and successful at what he does.

cerrah said...

He actually helped my Mom last fall, too. We were so grateful to him.

But you: holy cow, I'm so glad you're all right. Stairs can be so scary. That sounds wholly traumatic to me. I'm glad it wasn't much worse, and I hope you feel better soon.

Julie said...

At least you got something good out of it! It seems like I only ever fall when I am holding one of my kids. I think my balance must be off when I am carrying one of them. I am glad you are okay though. I can't believe you passed out! Scary!

LoriAnn Grigg said...

oh man, I'm sure glad you're feeling better.That sounded scary. But atleast you got a new computer chair out of it. =)

Catherine said...

That's crazy that you actually passed out! I'm glad you're okay. I'll call you later today to talk.
Love ya!

Moey and Spence said...

So you're saying that I need to fall down the stairs, hit my head, pass out, then go to church to get myself a new computer chair? Yeah, I'm sure that will work!! Good thing you are OK!