Friday, August 21, 2009

You can call him "professor" and her "student"...

That's right, you heard me correctly... Travis can now be called Professor Gough. He has been hired on as an adjunct professor to teach 3 automotive classes at Dixie State College this fall, because there is unprecedented enrollment at Dixie College, they needed some extra help. Travis has also decided to go back to school to get his teaching certificate, so he can teach high school auto shop. He may eventually get his Masters degree so he could become a full time college professor. So we are more than provided for with financial aid, Travis teaching, Travis reffing high school soccer, and I am getting more hours working nights at the Tuacahn box office. Plus, I am now officially certified to teach Hypnobabies childbirth classes, so I just need to find people to teach. So thank you for your thoughts and prayers, we needed them, and truly felt them as we are soooo blessed! Teaching is something Travis feels like he will really enjoy.

And, on to our other story, surprise, surprise! Elora is going to pre-school! I found a really good deal last minute, and couldn't pass it up! Her teacher is Mrs. Bowen (some of you might know Will and Jenny Bowen... -their Mom) and she has been doing this for a long time, and has turned her whole garage into an awesome preschool! Elora is going 2 days a week for 2 and half hours each day, and she absolutely loves it! Max is also enjoying being the only one home having his parent's extra attention, and not having someone bother him while he plays.

So here is the traditional first day of school picture by the front door... She looks so grown up!
And... Elora is taking a ballet class once a week! She has been dancing around the house ever since she could walk, so I knew she would love going to dance class. A couple months ago, we showed her a ballerina dance on TV, and Elora was absolutely mesmerized by it the whole time, and when it was over, she said, "Mommy, I want to be a ballerina." So we signed her up! She absolutely loved her first class, and said to me later that day, "Mommy, thank you for taking me to ballerina class." Here she is in her cute outfit...
Oh, and the best part of the story, on the night before her second preschool class for the week, I told her that she was going to preschool again the next day. Her whole face totally lit up and said, "I'm going to preschool again??!!" Haha, She totally thought that preschool was a one day thing... hehehe. She did the same thing when I told her that she was going to ballet class again next week...

Once again, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! We are doing great and are loving life!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Elora is so beautiful!!! I cannot believe how tall she is getting and how long her hair is. She looks so happy in her ballet outfit and her first day of school. It is so fun to watch your kids grow, I just wish they didn't grow so fast.

That is exciting about Travis and his jobs and you as well. I wish I would have known about hynobabies when I was pregnant. It sounds like a wonderful and very natural way to have a baby.

Catherine said...

What a difference a week makes! From that disapointment last week to such HAPPY wonderful news now. That's amazing. Way to go Trav! I totally called it. When you said that Travis might go in a different direction, I told Wade that he will probably be a teacher. He'll be great at it, too!

And Elora will just love preschool. I just wish you lived in SLC, so she could be in my preschool. :) Our little girls are almost 4 and attending preschool and dance! Where did the time go?

kallen said...

That's awesome! Travis will be great at that, and I would imagine it would be a better enviorment for him. Cool...Professor Gough- maybe they'll just call him Pro Gough:)I love Elora's pink tutu outfit- very cute. Prayer is a funny thing:) Awesome how the Lord takes care of us.

Teresa said...

I'm so happy for you. I knew God would provide for you. What a great opportunity. I hope Travis loves teaching. I loved the Elora pictures. She is growing up so fast. What a sweet girl.

cerrah said...

I saw the ballet stuff in the little girl's section at Target a few weeks ago, and wanted to buy some for no reason other then that it was so cute. She looks so excited.

I'm glad things worked out for you guys. Somehow they always do.

My nephew went to Mrs. Bowen's preschool last year. He loved it. She'll be singing lots of new songs.