Monday, March 22, 2010

Christmas in Virginia Part Three

Well, of course, the whole reason we went to Virginia was to spend Christmas with my sister, Mom, Dad, and Grandma. I love our family Christmas traditions. One tradition is to have a nice big dinner on Christmas Eve of Chicken Kiev. It was delicious! Then we have our program where everyone participates by sharing a talent of their choosing.

Here's Christina playing her flute...

Here's Mom reading a story for the kids...

Elora made a cute Mary for our nativity...

Dad always reads the Night Before Christmas from a book he got when he was little.

The kids got to open up pajamas, yay!


Christmas morning... Max loved his train set! He played with it all day!

Elora got a new baby and accessories, she named her, "Snow White" Why not? Right? :)

Christina finally got her digital camera...

After seeing what Santa brought us, we had our nice sit-down breakfast of cream of wheat.


Elora's new dress...

My new scarf...

I used to play with calico critters when I was little, so I knew Elora would love to have a family of her own. Oh, and she has named them all after us: Travis, Cynthia, Elora, and Max

Max and Daddy both got a hot wheels track. Gotta love it!

Mom and Dad both got leather jackets. Looking good!

Yay Barbie movie!

Me stylin' my new scarf and MP3 player...

And this is what Max did the WHOLE rest of the day. Oh and he also got a Buzz Lightyear. That night, he was so excited, he didn't want to go to bed. He kept saying over and over, "I wanna play, Buzz, race car, choo choo train." He even woke up in the middle of the night, ran out and woke us up and said, "Buzz, race car, choo choo train!" We told him, no, it's not morning yet, go back to bed... Then, first thing in the morning, he wakes up, runs out, "Buzz, race car, choo choo train!" Ok Max, go play! It was sooo funny! So for this kid, the night after Christmas was more exciting than the night before Christmas...

1 comment:

cerrah said...

Fun Christmas posts. Sort of made me wish it was Christmas time again.

I love that he was so enthralled by his toys. It's so much fun to see the magic of it all through your kids. I'm sorry getting there was so traumatic, but it looks like Christmas with your parents was fabulous.

I hope you guys are doing well in the Northern land. You'll have to update us soon.